Academic Advising

The CTC Academic Advising office provides advising services to assist students with career planning and their educational and personal goals. Services include occupational and labor market information, degree program planning and general academic advising. Steps for new students to CTC (first-time in college and transfer) and returning students include:

  1. New degree or certificate seeking students to CTC. Choose your program of study at the time of admissions with an advisor virtually or by appointment.
  2. Returning students. Use your Progress Report in Student Planning to choose your classes each semester. Contact an advisor if you need assistance.
  3. Transfer students enrolling at CTC for the first time with a cumulative total of 30 or more semester credit hours must file a degree plan by the end of the semester of first enrollment.
  4. Continuing students enrolled in an associate degree program are required file a degree plan immediately following the semester in which a total of 30 or more semester hours has been successfully completed, which includes CTC courses, evaluated credit awarded, and transfer courses.
  5. If a high school student enrolls in dual credit courses, a degree plan must be filed no later than:
    • The end of the second regular semester immediately following the semester in which the student earned a cumulative total of 15 or more semester credit hours for dual credit courses successfully completed at CTC, or
    • The end of the student’s second regular semester at CTC if student starts the first semester at CTC with 15 or more semester credit hours of course credit for dual credit courses successfully completed by the student.

Transfer Advisor

Assistance in planning to transfer to a four-year college or university is also available through the Transfer Center located in the Enrollment Center Building 209. Students who plan to transfer to a four-year college or university can receive assistance about applications, transferring credits, sponsored visits, and transfer scholarships.

Academic and Financial Advising - Servicemembers

The Associate Dean, Enrollment Services, is the primary contact for academic and financial advising, including student support services, for Servicemembers. The Associate Dean may be reached at or (254) 526-1226. Information about the military tuition assistance program, Department of Education Title IV financial aid, education benefits offered by the Veterans Administration and other services is available. While the Associate Dean is not exclusively dedicated to providing these services, the associate dean may refer the Servicemember to other individuals with an ability to provide these services, both on- and off-campus.

International Student Services (F-1 Visas)

Services include admissions assistance, placement into the English for Speakers of Other Languages Program (ESOL/DSLA courses), registration, orientation, academic and social counseling, preparation for departure, immigration regulations advising and housing assistance. Central Texas College is not responsible for a student’s immigration status. The student is responsible for remaining in status with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

Inquiries should be addressed to the Director of International Student Services at the Central Campus address listed in the front of this Catalog. (