Official Withdrawal

The Record’s Office is the designated contact point for students who wish to withdraw. The Record’s Office assists the student with completion of the top section of the withdrawal form which includes student’s demographic information, why they are leaving and their last date of attendance. The student signs the form and returns the completed form to the Record’s Office. The Record’s Office determines the withdrawal date and reports it to the other affected institutional offices by entering that information into the student information system (SIS).

Office of Financial Aid checks to see if the student has received Federal Stafford Loans and if so provides them with an Exit Counseling request via email. The Office of Financial Aid begins the Return of Title IV funds process as soon the Office of Financial Aid determines the withdrawal of all classes from a weekly drop report that identifies the students who need to have the Return of Title IV calculation to determine the amount of federal financial aid programs the student has earned.