Applying for Graduation

Students who have reached the final semester of their degree or certificate program should apply for graduation by the dates listed below. The Application for Graduation is available on the CTC website or may be picked up at the Graduation office located in the Enrollment Center Bldg. 209.

Semester of Graduation Deadline
Fall October 1
Spring February 1
Summer June 1

Graduation applications received after the deadline will be processed the next semester. Final course grades, high school transcripts or GED scores, and official transcripts from all regionally accredited colleges or universities previously attended must be on file before issuance of the degree or certificate.

Students who do not complete remaining degree or certificate requirements by the end of the month of graduation (31 May, 31 August, or 31 December) will be declared nongraduates and are required to reapply for graduation in a following semester.


Many CTC sites conduct an annual graduation ceremony in conjunction with their local Education Center or Navy College office. Students may contact their local CTC representative for more information.

Central Texas College in Killeen, Texas, holds two graduation ceremonies per year, in May and in December. To participate in the graduation ceremony in May, students must complete degree or certificate requirements by the end of the spring semester. Students who complete degree or certificate requirements in the Summer and Fall may participate in the December graduation ceremony. Candidates for graduation who attend CTC at its worldwide locations or complete degree requirements through distance learning may participate in the graduation ceremonies held at the Killeen campus. Caps and gowns are purchased directly through the CTC Bookstore in Killeen, Texas.  

Reverse Transfer Graduation

If you transfer to a university before completing an associate degree at CTC, you can still earn your associate degree through reverse transfer. Texas public universities are required to identify, track, and follow up with each student who has (1) earned at least 30 semester credit hours at a community college and (2) completed a total of 66 semester credit hours. Once a student meets these requirements and students have submitted a signed consent form for release of information, the university will release courses, grades, and credit information to the lower institution of higher education. CTC will review the information. If CTC determines you have completed the course and degree requirements for an associate degree, CTC will award you the degree. CTC has articulation agreements with several colleges and universities outside Texas, which also participate in the reverse transfer process.

Replacing a Lost Certificate or Degree

If a certificate or degree has been lost, stolen, or damaged, a replacement may be obtained through the Student Services Graduation office in Killeen, Texas. An appropriate fee is required to replace a diploma.