Veterans Benefits

Central Texas College’s programs are approved for those who wish to attend and receive benefits under the Post-Vietnam Era Veterans Educational Assistance Program, the Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 1984, Chapter 1606-Reservists Education Bill, Chapter 30-VA Education Bill of 1986, Chapter 33-Post 9/11 Veterans Assistance and family members qualified for VA Educational Benefits, Chapter 35.

Please provide the Veterans Services Office with a copy of the Certificate of Eligibility for your Chapter, which is issued by the Department of Veterans Affairs.

If you wish to attend with the aid of veteran benefits, inquire at the CTC Office of Veterans Services before registration to obtain needed information relative to your enrollment and certification of attendance to the Veterans Affairs. All new veteran students must furnish the CTC Veterans Services Office a copy of their DD214.

You must provide an approved, signed certificate/degree plan to the CTC Veterans Services Office before certification of your initial semester. Certificate/degree plans are available through the Academic Advising Office or through departmental advisors. Transfer students should have copies of all previous transcripts for initial counseling sessions. It is your responsibility to inform the Office of Veteran Services of any changes in enrollment status. The monthly rates of payment to veterans are provided for by Public Law 94-502.

Credits earned at other colleges or universities and if applicable prior military education and experience must be evaluated by the close of the first semester. Students are required to provide a copy of the degree plan to include updated degree plans to the CTC Veteran Services Office. Refer to the following requirements that must be met by the student and CTC. Military and transfer credits must be evaluated: (1) Students must provide all official transcripts of prior education. (2) CTC must evaluate. (3) CTC must provide student with an assessment of the evaluation. (4) CTC must decrease time and cost of program accordingly if credits are granted. (5) CTC must keep records of prior education with the student’s record.

Records of progress are kept by Central Texas College on veteran and non-veteran students alike. Progress records are available through the student’s Eagle Self-Serve account, at the end of each scheduled school term. Central Texas College must report all probation and suspensions to VA.

Any complaint against Central Texas College from a current or prospective student receiving V.A. education benefits should be routed through the VA GI Bill® Feedback System* by going to the following link: The VA will follow up through the appropriate channels to investigate the complaint and resolve it satisfactorily.

*GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. Government Website at

NOTE You must submit the completed Veterans Enrollment Certificate eForm to the appropriate CTC Veterans Services office each semester/term that you enroll and when you make changes to your class schedule. Before enrolling in distance learning courses, Chapter 33 Post 9/11 students should contact their CTC Veterans Services representative or the Eagles on Call Center at